Long weekend on time and on the route of Tour de Pologne (UCI World Tour)!
Each day provides us with new information about this year's Tour de Pologne. From 5 to 9 of August, 2020, great stars of world cycling will fight on the roads of southern Poland. The current world champion - Mads Pedersen (Trek-Segalfredo), Olympic champion Greg van Avermaet (CCC Team), a great Remco Evenepoel (Deceuninck - Quick Step), the winner of last year's Giro d'Italia Richard Carapaz (Team Ineos) and the winner of TdP 2014 Rafał Majka (Bora-hansgrohe) announced themselves.
On Saturday 8.08 the peloton will visit Bukowina Tatrzanska and the place of our training camp, i.e. Carlina Hotel in Białka Tatrzańska, is in the heart of the loop, on which the riders will race that day.
So, the plan is like that: on Wednesday we check in Bialka, Thursday-Friday we do the surrounding famous climbs known from TdP and included in next year's Race Around Poland (among others Gliczarów, Łapszanka, Głodówka, Bachledówka, Czarna Góra, Ząb), and on Saturday - of course on bikes - we prop to the best places to support pro cyclists.
Schedule of the training camp:
- Arrival to Bialka (possibility of organizing the journey from Warsaw, eg. airport)
- from 4 pm: accommodation in the Carlina Hotel, lunch and dinner, reconnaissance in the surroundings, sauna, etc.
- breakfast, planning the day
- we train on uphills of Tour de Pologne, including Gliczarów, Łapszanka, Głodówka, Bachledówka, Czarna Góra, Ząb.
- we get to know the route Race Around Poland 2021
- after the training, the possibility of automatic washing of the clothes
- lunch and dinner
- Relaxation - sightseeing, sauna, free time
- Thematic lectures given by Remek Siudziński (Ultrakolarz), finisher the Race Across America 2014 solo:
- races and ultra training
- equipment and accessories
- Long distance clothing
- nutrition and supplementation
- mental preparation
- how to reconcile family, work and bike :)
- 10 am.: return home, transport to Warsaw (eg. airport)
We are stationed in the most friendly for cyclists hotel in the area. We checked it out personally. We were there as a family and during trainings and cycling races. The Carlina Hotel often hosts cyclists and the owners themselves ride on the surrounding roads and are a valuable source of information about interesting, unrecognized routes. From the hotel there is a breathtaking view of the Tatra Mountains.
Accommodation in double rooms with balconies.
In the large dining room a rich breakfast buffet and two-course lunch and dinner with dessert are served. The bar is open all day, so there is no problem to order any drinks during the day.
They are available at the facility:
- lockable bicycle room
- large car park for guests
- garden / deckchairs
- Finnish sauna / steam bath / Jacuzzi / massage
The rooms are equipped with:
- private bathroom
How do we train?
All trainings will be tailored to the abilities and well-being of each participant.
In practice it looks like that:
- In the morning we plan the ride. Daily distances 50-150 km
- We have a technical car with a driver - an experienced bicycle mechanic.
- The car will contain branded drinks, snacks and supplements (Powergym, Agisko) (included in the price) and possibly participants' belongings / clothes.
- One of the organizers always accompanies the riders
- A technical car waits at every peak
- We're waiting for everyone on top. There's time for coffee.
- If you have a lot of strength, you can climb up a few times.
- Whoever needs it can have an individual route/distance
It's not only about the bicycle. Once you've recovered from the ride, you can use the following attractions, eg.
- Bania Therma (discount for participants)
- Bukovina Therma (discount for participants)
- cableway to Kotelnica
- downhill from Kotelnica
- monster rollers from Kotelnica
- wonderful views of the Tatras :)
The offer, or what is included in the price
- 4 nights in double rooms with bathrooms and balconies, TV and wifi
- 4 breakfasts, 4 dinners (2 dishes plus dessert - just in time to supplement the calories after training)
- organized group trainings with Ultrakolarz
- technical car and bicycle mechanic support
- isotonic, bars, gels, supplements at workout
- lectures and individual cycling consultations
- third party liability + accident insurance (with option - trainings and sports groups)
Cyclist: PLN 1980 or EUR 440
Cyslist + accompanying person: PLN 2920 or EUR 650
Transportation of the competitor and bicycle from/to Warsaw: PLN 200 or EUR 45
APPLICATIONS - TO THE FOLLOWING E-MAIL ADDRESS: REMEK@ULTRAKOLARZ.PL.
NOTE! Application until 12.07.2020 = additional discount of PLN 100 or EUR 22